VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2005 Volkswagen Jetta TDI and the starter has appeared to seize up. All other electronics work fine except for the horn which has also stopped working. The horn not working along with the starter makes me think that it is a circuitry issue. I was wondering if anyone had experienced similar issues.

PS. This happened after the temperature dropped below 5 degrees Fahrenheit abs the battery died (the battery is charged now).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drive a 2005 Volkswagen Jetta TDI and the starter has appeared to seize up. All other electronics work fine except for the horn which has also stopped working. The horn not working along with the starter makes me think that it is a circuitry issue. I was wondering if anyone had experienced similar issues.

PS. This happened after the temperature dropped below 5 degrees Fahrenheit abs the battery died (the battery is charged now).
My car did the same the alternator clutch was seized. To check for this common problem manually turn over engine with wrench on one of the pulleys the wrench fits try turning clockwise (not counter clockwise).If it turns its not the alternator . If it doesn't turn loosen fan belt and turn alternator pulley it should turn both ways. If it doesn't thats what is seizing your engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fly wheel on the started was seized and I ended up fixing the problem by roll starting it. Starts up fine now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts