VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all from Sunny Vanuatu in the south pacific.
I have bought a VW Beetle from the USA which came with only one key.
This is 2000 model VW Beetle (New Beetle) and has a petrol engine. The Beetle came with only one key and I drove the vehicle for 2 months and lost the key. I contacted VW New Zealand for ordering 2 sets of keys which was not cheap thinking it would be coded to start the Beetle and there is no dealer for VW here in Vanuatu. As soon as I received the key and tried to start the vehicle the vehicle started for 1 second and turned off. The immobilizer light came on so I understood that the key was not coded. I contacted VW New Zealand and they said that I have to ship the Beetle to New Zealand for them to learn the key to the car. I explained to them that this would be expensive and the and all I needed was the Seceret Key Code to learn the new keys to the car as I have a scanner which can do this. They said that VW does not give out the SKC anymore. I started browsing on the internet and came across this fourm which has an artical on how to retrieve the SKC and I had to register so here I am. Would be great if anyone can advice a solution to my nightmare.
Cheers,
Lalashik.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, that sounds like a very nice place to have any problems :) They did a season of Survivor there, it looks nice. Get a Vag Tacho off ebay to get the SKC, problem solved!

You don't say Aloha there do you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi xmachineheadx thanks for the information
I will try to get one off ebay.

No we don't say Aloha here but halo olsem wanem (Hello how are you)

tank yu tu mas (Thank you very much)
LalAshik.

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
i lost my key and my spare only starts the car for 2 seconds then turns off
Your car is old enough that many well-equipped and experienced locksmiths should be able to make and match a key for it...

Otherwise, you'll need to hunt down someone with the software (and hardware) tools to monkey around with your immobilizer... oh, and you definitely want a 2nd key that works... you'll need to get this done at the same time...

Good luck,

Yuri

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would also be interested in learning my 01 Jetta's SKC. Purchased vehicle used and owner only had one key and no remote. Dealer wants $300 for new key. If there is a way to find the SKC please let me know. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,404 Posts
Well this has been mensioned before on here if you search. There is VAG-TACHO thats supposed to retrieve the SKC. I don't know how good it is. Just google it for prices?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts