VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Yes, Jetta, Audi A3, and Golf seats are all interchangeable. Same with the mk5 seats. The only difference may be a slightly different airbag wire harness connector on older cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys my grandparents just bought a 2010 jsw tdi after I told them about my 2010 jetta tdi order. My grandmother is not sure how comfortable the seat will be for her so I figured if she didnt like it she could try the a3 seats. now i am jealous they already have their car and I am waiting on mine

·
Registered
102 Posts
seats are great

I have to say that I had neck and back problems and in my miata seats it certainly did not help. Since I traded in 3 weeks ago I am really enjoying these seats in the JSW.

It took me several trips to get the exact seat position that felt best. The telescoping and tilt factored into this but once i found the best position I am extremly comfortable. Before u jump ship have them give the seats a try for a few weeks and experiment with the lumbar setting as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you don't like the seats you could swap in used power leather seats from any A5 body car. You would just have to put in a power line, fuse, and a ground.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's taken me a while to get the seats in my 2010 JSW setup comfortably as well. Now that they're dialed in, though, they're great. I ended up using all the adjustments and it took some fiddling. The thing that took me the longest to deal with was that the most comfortable seat position is more upright than I was used to.

One thing that surprised me: I initially set the seat height, then tried to get the tilt/telescope to work with it. I ended up modifying one, then the other several times. Had I not tried adjusting them in concert with each other, I don't think I would have found a comfortable seating position.

-Jon
2010 JSW TDI DSG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts