VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, does anyone else have the problem where the MP3 CD play back eats the first second of each song? If so, are there ways to correct it? Perhaps a change in how I create the CD? (I use iTunes)

Dealer says they never heard of the problem.

and yes I searched, but MP3 and playback and radio didn't give me results (MP3 returned nothing)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know many of the iPod users have complained of the playback issue with the first second being cut off. I use a hard drive via the MDI and it does the same thing but only if I manually forward songs. If it just let it play, I hear the beginning of each song fine. Given that the radio/satellite fades out/in even when I change stations, I think it's a "feature" rather than an actual bug. I'm not sure it's necessary or good, but it doesn't surprise me that the mp3 CD playback does the same.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
my two cents
I have the RCD 510 radio.
I personally have tried:
-mp3 CDs
-thumb drive to MDI
-hard drive to MDI

Once I bought a 16gb SD card, I was much happier with the performance.

I have not tried ipod/iphone to MDI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Both iPhone and iPod to MDI do the same thing -- the first half-second of each song is muted or missing. The MDI interface is so slow and lame that I just use bluetooth audio when using my phone, and the aux jack when using the iPod.

·
Registered
17 Posts
First, does anyone else have the problem where the MP3 CD play back eats the first second of each song? If so, are there ways to correct it? Perhaps a change in how I create the CD? (I use iTunes)

Dealer says they never heard of the problem.

and yes I searched, but MP3 and playback and radio didn't give me results (MP3 returned nothing)
if you have windows media player, create a DATA disc, vs. a "cd". but before you do that, i suggest you create the "tags", so when you play the data cd, the unit will display the names, titles, etc.

itunes gave me trouble, so i decided to stick with media player.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts