VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to search for all posts from either the last day, or week etc.

sometimes I would like to see more than just what has been posted since my last visit. just in case there is something I may have missed the first time.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Unfortunately there is not. Sorry but this is not an option with vbulletin. You can search for a specific word and set the parameter for "last week" "last month", etc, but you cannot enter *.*

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea how newbeetle.org or tdiclub do it? both use vbulletin iirc.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
any idea how newbeetle.org or tdiclub do it? both use vbulletin iirc.
You can search for all posts since today, yesterday, all week? I don't know how it's possible, if so please let me know. I'm not being sarcastic, I don't think it's possible.

If you're not logged in you can see all posts today.

If you're logged in you can see all posts since last visit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can search for all posts since today, yesterday, all week? I don't know how it's possible, if so please let me know. I'm not being sarcastic, I don't think it's possible.

If you're not logged in you can see all posts today.

If you're logged in you can see all posts since last visit.
in the quick links dropdown on tdiclub ther eis a selection for Today's Posts.
and in the bar at the bottom of the browser it says:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/search.php?do=getdaily

perhaps you can add a link like that to the search dropdown menu on this forum?
actually, Rabid Chihuahua already generated the link text required for this forum to perform the same search.

:)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
OK, I see what you mean. There is no default way to do this. It still only gets the posts for that day. You can manually add "&days=x" to the end of the URL where x= days you want.

Instead, I have added a small custom box to the advanced search page. When you click on search you have to go to "advanced search" on the drop down menu. The new box says "Show ALL Posts from the last x days (ignores search terms and conditions)" It basically does the same thing but in a format that anyone can easily use. Thanks for the suggestion, other people may find this useful.

Does this meet your satisfaction jer majesty :D (bowing)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
It does not list the URL because it generates another page with the search ID. For example, if you add a number to the end of this link and cut paste it into your URL address it should show a search. What do you see if it doesn't work? The link below will not show all posts from "x" days as-is, you have to add 1, 2, 3, etc. to the end. Vbulletin also shortens URL to a max length so you have to cut-paste it in pieces.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/

search.php?do=getdaily&days=

Also, I have changed the search all posts button to not say "Search". I think it could be confusing so the button now says "Show all posts from the last" to make it clear that it will ignore search terms and conditions and so that only one button on the page says search.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Each time somebody searches it makes a search id. The link you posted already expired but when I add "search.php?do=getdaily&days=10" it appears to work for me.

·
Super Moderator
9,395 Posts
Expired or not thats what it shows not that I'm bothered. I'm not using the Search just New Posts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts