VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
I have owned 4 Saturn's over the years. I traded my 2003 Ion QC in on my Jetta TDI and I just bought a Sky Red Line for my wife. All of my Saturn's were very good cars and what brought me to them was the no dicker sales, the poly side panels and their design toward easy maintainability, they even had Saturday work shops to show customers how to do their own maintenance. The early models held their value so well that it made it easy to trade in for the newer model, but that changed. As GM took more control of Saturn's products most of the Saturn line became rebadged versions of other cars. It was not a failed experiment, GM did not allow Saturn to continue in the same way that it started.

· Registered
20 Posts
That's when they started getting good reviews :dunno - the Sky and Aura were basically an Opel Roadster and Chevy Malibu. But of course that wouldn't fit into the GM lineup so they were out.
That is true but unfortunately good reviews don't always mean good sales. The first GM rebadged Saturn that I recall was the Relay and that was a total bomb. Anyway I stopped by the Saturn dealer today to pick up the plates for my wife's Sky. The gal at the counter said that the employees knew about the Penske pull out before management did, mostly because they pay more attention to the news media. It was a complete shock to everyone. This particular dealer had just bought out the local GM dealer so they will continue as a GM dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.