VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Newbie to the forum, but looking around looks great. I am new to the TDI scene, but not new to diesels. I currently own an 05 Duramax, and used to have a 24 Valve Cummins. I just bought an 06 TDI with 122K, so I am sure that I'll be looking for repairs and regular maintenance that comes along with having a higher (than usual) vehucle. I really enjoy driving this little car though! I am looking forward to interacting with the great people on the forum, and hopefully I will be able to contribute as well.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! If the timing belt has never been done, do it ASAP because it's way overdue if original. Also check for camshaft wear, this was a common problem, if it needs repair it makes sense to do it at same time. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/camshaft-inspection-replace-vw-tdi.htm Here is the article on that, the timing belt article can be found in the FAQ.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the timing belt. I am in the process of collecting all of the data to change the belt. I have no idea if it was ever done, so I am going to go ahead and change it, along with the waterpump. Thanks for the heads up on it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts