VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Rusted hood trend on VWs

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  grizzly 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
After really looking at it, the last one kind of looks decent because it doesn't look like acid rain dripping down the hood, it has the spot of tan on the corner and has the euro rat rod look. The other two are way too polished and clean to have the rusty hood. At least the third has the misaligned bumper and dull paint.

#8 ·
The green golf has ridicously oversized wheels and primer paint. Not a good look.

And I don't think it helps resale value.
That's right...they probaly took the resale of their car from $5000 to $1000. I don't see anyone looking to buy a car in that condition. I hope they like the car because they'll probably end up keeping it for a while.

#10 ·
What's so annoying about it is that cars today are pretty good about rust. It still happens but way back when, the hinges and floor of cars used to rot out. The strut towers and trim were also problem areas. You didn't have to worry about a 200,000 mile car because it was probably a literal rust bucket. And now they are making it look cool?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.