VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First of I would like to introduce myself to the site. This is my first post. I am about to take delivery of my first TDI VW today, it is a VW Golf (Jetta) Wagon TDI Highline. I have a question in regards to rust proofing. I live in Toronto Canada and have rust proofed all of my cars. I read in the FAQ that rust proofing is unnecessary. I would like to know what other VW owners in Canada recommended. I was planning to take my car to Krown, they have a spray and it is sprayed on the bottom of the car, doors, engine compartment, wheel wells etc.. I would appreciate your advice on this matter!

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

Well the newer VW's are galanised which sure aid in slowing the rust. I've always oil sprayed my cars since I've been driving. I oil sprayed mine a month after I had it. The only slight problem with that under the wheel arches is oil tends to get washed of with contant water pounding. The other advantage of oil is it stops all the creeks and groans. I used WaxOyl under the wings, I still have to do inside the door panels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts