VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a ECU tunner for the TDI engine? It seems like running biodiesel (especially higher blends like B20) would benefit from some engine tuning. I noticed my EGT on a Ford 6.0 PowerStroke runs a bit cooler with B20 so my assumption would be to lean out the mixture a bit to deliver better mileage. Looking for 50+MPG from the Jetta TDI...

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
A DIY tune? The engine management is a bit too complex for an obd2 type device which lets you dial up power with a knob. There are guys who will do a different levels of tune (ECU reflash) for you if that's what you mean.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, A reflash of the ECU to take advantage of the fuel being used. There are DIY tunners out there for various vehicles (DiabloSport, Banks, Etc) that I thought might be available for the VW.
I have had a guy tune the ECU on my 89 Corvette using a laptop and "realtime" program as it gathered data from the sensors via the ALDL connector. He made changes on the fly as we drove around. If there are people out there that do that type of programing for the VW...how do you find them?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
AMF Polo 1.4TDI running on 100% bio.

Can anyone suggest a forum member, tuner or program that can do a simple injection timing change if I send them my ECU file?. No other mods required. I can download and upload to my ECU.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Update Polo 1.4 TDI (PD)

With the help of a member on ECU connections I managed to advance my timing 5 degrees and it's working really well on B100. ECU programming info is really difficult to get at times as those that have it are slow to share due to the hard work they have had to put into learning the ins and outs of the various ECU's and maps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts