VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I have run out of ideas with my Audi A6 1.9TDI and it's rough idle. The car has 180k miles on it so is no spring chicken but apart from the rough idle it drives fine, uses no oil and is a great work horse. I replaced the camshaft as the lobes were worn on cyl 3 & 4, Torsion value moves between 0.0 and 0.6 at idle, I have moved this wither side of zero but it made no difference to the idle just moved the powerband around. I have checked the injector loom . There seems to be a lot of correction going on in measuring block 13 on VCDS, which prompted me to swap injectors around but this made no difference. The IQ is now showing 12.9mg/str after adjustment via VCDS, it was previously 14.1! I know this is way high and should be around 3 or 4. I have tried the "hammer mod" but the pump would only move in one direction which made things worse so I returned it back to its original position. Do I have an issue with the pump?
Any suggestions greatly appreciated before I drive this thing off a cliff
:rolleyes:
p.s. I have two other 1.9TDI cars in the family which are both running sweet so I know this one isn't right.

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

We don't know the history of what has been done/tried.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Audi A6 added to title.

Post moved to the correct section as OP can't read sub forum titles. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts