VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I stop Rubbing It In that I have a car that get's 40+ mpg on the highway to the boys at work? When I picked up my 04 jetta TDI in 08 some of the boys could see my point. BUT when the price of gas went back down, and my diesel was 25 cents more, they gave my all sorts of grief. WELL know that gas is $4.25 +++ in Chicago and I was buying diesel for just under $4 a fe wweeks ago and still getting 42+ MPG ( I slowed down ) the boys don't like to hear about it.

Should I let up or let them have it??????????? Whatta think???????

·
Registered
90 Posts
Maybe compared to regular unleaded but it seems like most of the cars I like require super :) Unfortunately, the price of gas and diesel are linked, I'm still waiting for a good electric car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Diesel in upstate NY is about 30 cents higher than regular gas. Diesel and regular gas were the same price two years ago when I bought my 2006 Beetle TDI. Ford claims 40 mpg on their new gas sipping cars so it may be more economical than having a TDI in NY. NY must add a lot of tax on diesel. The cost of heating oil is killing us too.

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
Less impressive than the MPG would be if you bring up the range of the car... If you fill up to the very brim (or do a Ventectomy - removing the little valve in the neck of the filler), you should be able to get at least 600 miles per tank - even driving "enthusiastically"... You could also just figure out your miles per dollar... that works even in Winter when Diesel's more expensive...

Yuri

1 - 5 of 5 Posts