VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 touareg tdi v6 3.0 54k miles. Perfect service history. It will run rough at start up when cold in any gear. However when I place it in reverse it will vibrate the whole vehicle hard. If you put your foot on brake and give it gas it smooths out. Problem is worse if I shift it into low range and engage center diff. When vehicle is shifted into neutral or drive it smooths out and purrs.... engine light on. Initially dealer said EGR valve needs replaced. Did that, light came back on within an hour. Now they say I need to replace the NOX sensor.... ideas?

·
Super Moderator
9,151 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2008-05/2010, Model: Touareg, Engine Code: CATA, 165Kw, 224PS, 3.0 Ltr, 6 Cyls, Remarks: Canada ("CDN") USA ("USA"): Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) V6 Chain

Post moved to the correct section as OP can't read sub forum titles. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts