VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i am hoping someone on this forum can help me!

For the past few days my car has been idling at 1000 rpm (when its usually just below) its actually quite rough as i can feel the car shaking and almost jerking. I pulled up to a set of traffic lights and noticed a small amount of smoke coming from the engine bay close to the windscreen so my thinking is maybe the oil line on the turbo is leaking. I've had a look over as best as i possible could and cant find the culprit, i cant see oil anywhere from above but i can smell it really bad any time i drive the car.

I haven't got any error codes, this has only happened recently i'm not sure what it could be. A few guys online have said its the PCV and they cleaned it and emptied the oil catch can but as i understand my diesel golf has a CCV?

The car is a MK6 2009 VW Golf 2.0 TDI engine code CBDC

If there is anyone who can help i would be forever in your debt

·
Super Moderator
8,972 Posts
Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

You need to find where this smoke is coming from.

No error code from which scannner VAG-COM\VCDS or something else?

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 10/2008-06/2011, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Engine Code: CBDC, 81Kw, 110PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) 16v Timing belt Timing gears

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had a look on TDI Wiki and haven't found much.

The smoke from what i can see is coming from the back of the engine close to the turbo. I have had a look on VCDS for error codes and nothing has shown up. Ill get my friend to run diagnostics on the car but not sure if anything will come back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts