VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with this company? They operate two websites that deal in VW parts; they are on eBay as well. The car I just purchased is a 2005 Jetta TDI. The previous owner informed me that he installed a turbo that was ordered from this company (last month.) I am experiencing low boost and so far I cannot trace it to any other cause. (N75/actuator/vacuum system/intake air system all check out.)

I think I have a junk Chinese turbo and need to figure out whether or not it's worth trying to exchange/return or just cut my losses and track down a Garrett VNT-17. Thoughts and experiences would be appreciated...

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
They operate more than 2 websites, they have a bunch. I would never buy from them because I believe that they sell only very low quality parts, mostly if not all made in China by low quality suppliers. I don't want to describe my buying experience because I wish to remain anonymous but that seller basically stole my money. I followed up, got the run around, and decided it wasn't worth my time. Other people have ordered basic parts like intake manifolds and found that the holes weren't lined up. Another person said that "x" turbo was bolt-on when it was in fact, not even close. There are stories of engines being ruined by his parts like timing belts. ,etc.

Will parts purchased from that seller work? Maybe. Would I want them on my car? NO. Would I replace the turbo before looking at other possible causes of low power? No. Double check everything. If you don't have a VCDS, get one so you can read the various sensors and whatnot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Prothe's reputation is bad get thee away from those parts.

Using his stuff you'll be doing the job twice once with his parts and again very soon with quality parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts