VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Trying to research BT and having a tough time. I have an 09 Jetta, loyal edition, Highline MFD (Red), MFSW and the premium 7 stereo (6 disk CD, satellite, am, fm). After looking around I want to go with a Skoda BT and it sounds like the model # is 1Z0 035 729 B.

Has anyone had any experience with the install of this unit on a newer jetta or experience with the prodct? It sounds like it fully integrates with MFD and MFSW.

Also talked to the dealership about 9w2 and 9w3 to see if I have either installed and can you believe the parts folks didnt know what that was, well neither do I exactly, but I dont work the parts counter for VW. But if someone could enlighten me here as well that would be great!

Also issue of coding through VAG COM. Can this be done fairly easily? Other than tinting my windows Ive not done any upgrades to my car. (meaning not super car savvy)

Thanks for your input all suggestions are appreciated...

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Did your car not come with bluetooth? The bluetooth module location is under the passenger seat but I think your loyal edition had a radio amplifier there. Is that right?

There are a bunch of part numbers due to revisions and variations but to the best of my understanding, the important thing to get is if you have a red or white MFD. If it's an OEM Skoda/VW part it will work like OEM since they all use the same modules.

Coding with VAG COM (now called VCDS) is super easy if you know how to use a computer. Plug in the cable, start the software, and go to the correct screen and just click some checkboxes to copy/paste the new code.

Here is another similar post: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2498 and the bluetooth FAQ: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a5/VWbluetoothFAQ.htm

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thaks for the response. You are correct I have the amp there and no bluetooth. Cutouts are now under rear driver seat and thanks for links...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts