VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm from romania and i own a Skoda Superb 2, 2.0 TDI CR 125kw M6. I love my car, but this is an vw/audi forum so i will not say more. the reason i entered this forum because my engine is an VAG one and on the romanian forum we discuss the 2.0 TDI CR oil pump drive shaft abnormal wear.
As i understand, some of the VAG engines (CR and old PD) have oil pumps driven by a drive shaft wich wears around 50 - 100 k km (30-60k miles) and caused some serious problems.
As i understand, CR engines all trough the VAG (audi, seat, vw,skoda) CBBB 125 kw(like mine), CBAA 100KW, CBAB 103KW and CBAC 105KW have replaceble drive shafts and experienced abnormal wear due to poor metal quality of the shaft.
Has anyone had some experience with this problem (especially on the CR engines, because on PD i understand that is common knowledge).
Regards

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Skoda are welcome!

The PD oil pumps were having problems until around 2006. I do not think the CR engines are having the same problems because the oil pumps are driven by gears. The old ones were driven by a chain and tensioner. The tensioner would break and the chain would fail. See this article for some background: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/b5/oil-pump-failure-passat-tdi.htm

also, since this is kind of a technical post, moved to general section.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,
I read the article about PD 2.0 engines but i tend to disagree with you. This is the oil pump (according to ETKA) for CFFB engine - 2.0 TDI CR 140 Hp.

The picture i have from another forum and because i dont have ETKA i cannot check myself. It seems that CBBB engines have a 77 mm shaft and CFGB/CFFB engines have 100 mm shaft
Sorry for the VERY big picture, is a link from another forum.
Is interesting if audi/vw/skoda/seat owners (wich share same VAG CR engines) experienced any problems.

·
Super Moderator
9,560 Posts
On my ETKA your no.18 points to the oil pump on mine with that engine code it points to no. 25 is the oil pump (same picture) and its gear driven, mine is the CBBB engine.

The oil pump was changed 04/11/2009>> 03G 115 105 G - £169
earlier >>03/11/2099 03G 115 105 E - £169

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I PM-ed you befor reading your post. I will check on ETKA. The picture is from CFFB engine (140 Hp), We both have CBBB engine. I will get to the bottom of this...

·
Super Moderator
9,560 Posts
I've had no PM of you. To send me a PM you have to put a tick in the Send message to users even if they are not on your contact list. near the bottom else I won't get it?

I thought you didn't have ETKA?

I PM-ed you this afternoon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts