VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
My wife and I tools our JSW on a camping trip this weekend, we took our canoe along and everything went great. I have an old set of Yakima low rider clamps and 58" bars. The clamps worked well, and the bars are the right length for my canoe. Noise was limited, quite frankly it was downright quite. You can hear some noise off of the tips of the bars, but it was negligible. The torque from the diesel makes hauling a canoe and a carload of camping gear effortless.

I'll upload a pic tomorrow when I get to a computer as I can't seem to upload one from my phone.

We're right in the meat of the break-in so I accelerated in sport mode only, and didn't use cruise. The MFD showed 37.5, which I think is ok given how I was driving, plus the additional drag.

Hey all, added a shot of our JSW fully loaded down with the canoe.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I don't have a sunroof, so I can't say if the sunroof would clear the Yakima bars. The set I have is an older set of "LowRider" mounts, which I think actually sit a bit lower than the factory bars I think, so it's tough to say if it would clear easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts