VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Does any one out there know of a way to get an aux video into the RNS 315 navigation screen. I have another vehicle with NAV and it uses a device called a loc pick, but thay are vehicle specific, and they don't have a unit for the VW. Or schematics of the radio would be helpfull to figure it all out.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Does any one out there know of a way to get an aux video into the RNS 315 navigation screen. I have another vehicle with NAV and it uses a device called a loc pick, but thay are vehicle specific, and they don't have a unit for the VW. Or schematics of the radio would be helpfull to figure it all out.

Thanks
If the rns315 is like the rns510 There's a small video in connector right above the main harness.

looks like this http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...camera-mod&p=69350700&viewfull=1#post69350700

I have no idea what you'd need to do to enable it. There's a TON of VCDS codes for everything from TV to satellite and everything else but I've never seen any of them used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have this working? I looked at all the solutions from the above post. I like the software solution versus. the CAN Bus module, but 900-1,000 seams excessive. I'd like to hear some feedback from others that have this going well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Wants to be able to display video on the screen. I assume by using a device or coding to make the unit think its in rear video camera mode and then using an outside video source.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's correct, My passengers love to be able to watch tv on trips. I realize there are numerous way's to do this with other devices, but I like the clean look of it playing on the Nav screen. I have tried to contact as many people as I can find that offered this for the rns-510. No one offers this yet for the RNS-315. There were some hope from oversea's, but they stopped contacting me back when they found out I was in the states. Hopefully someone will have something in time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered a interface for the black plug. This will convert the compostite video to the component input of the radio. Hopefully this will give me the video in while the vehicle is parked. I'll post later if this works. Then will work on the vim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts