VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opps... While trying to open the flip key halves, I managed to destroy the RFID chip glass housing.
Mostly because the previous owner had super glued the 2 halves together. And the previous owner had broken the blade cam and had lost the cut blade! Dang! all i had was the remote and working RFID inside untill i broke the glass trying to get the RFID out.All i wanted was to transfer that little chip to a newly cut flip key to avoid the dealership programming cost. I happen to have a regular key ( non-flip without remote) with functional RFID. The new flip key i have should have a programmable RFID, Is it possible to dismantle my door locks to find the SKC and use my vagcom to program the unused new flip key RFID?

·
Registered
5 Posts
another question

ok research confirms it's truely a secret key code.
I've cracked a deal with the service department at the dealership. They will reprogram / associate a full set of 4 transponder keys for $90.
I still have the flip key head with transponder from the flip key i bought from a UK seller on ebay for $25. IUnfortunately it was the newer square key , not the older oval one for my '99 and '00 NB TDIs.
Disected this key for the blade to use on the original key that i OOpps destroyed. NOw to disect and remove and replant the transponder into the old key housing.
Purchased a plastic valet key/ transponder from a japan seller on ebay for $15.
Just this morning i bought a full USED flip key / remote on ebay for $15. it will need a new blade and cut.
before i go off and buy another USED full flip with transponder and remote, I just want to ask if these RFIDs can be RE-programmed / associated even though they have had previous associations to other systems?
will the newer square keys work with these older NB's i have?

now off to read again the transponder thread for the 4th time!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I learned my '00 is immo-2 my '99 doesnt use the transponder.
the used keys i've purchased are re-programable as the dealership will need all new unused and used keys/ transponders to "reset" the RFIDs.

Warning to extraction of transponders ... they are glass coated and very fragile!!
If they break they will no longer function!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts