VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All. New member here. I haven't seen this issue anywhere on the forum and hoping for some help.

My 2003 Golf TDI manual transmission, has an intermittent problem. Every so often the idle will jump when parked or stopped at a light. Generally it idles around 800rpm but recently has started revving up from 800 to 1000 or 1200 rpm while stopped. It doesn't happen every time but is becoming more frequent.

I replaced the MAF sensor and turbo a year ago. It is due for the timing belt change. Aside from that I believe it to be mechanically sound.

So any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Check for error codes first. How many miles? The injectors could use a cleaning with diesel purge if high miles but i don't think that will solve such a big jump in idle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check for error codes first. How many miles? The injectors could use a cleaning with diesel purge if high miles but i don't think that will solve such a big jump in idle.
170000kms. I don't have a code reader yet. Would you suggest the purge anyway and do you think it may resolve itself once the timing belt has been replaced?

·
Super Moderator
9,579 Posts
G62 sensor.liquid temp sensor to be replaced :)30$ you can do it by yourself.
Yes why not just take a picture of it like that bloke, thats the magic camera change? :nana2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts