VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the German "office for vehicles" just approved a retrofit NOX filter for volvo diesels. This could be very significant as the German government, VW and others have been blocking these approvals in an attempt to make people buy new cars to circument the diesel bans in some German cities.
Apparantly filters for BMWs and other manufacturers are on the way, although VW models are not (yet) mentioned. The retrofit involves an adblue tank being fitted. As Germany is a substantial market for vehicles and parts and because Germany dominates the EU politically, this will probably affect the whole of the EU in the future.
This is potentially very good news for people who want to keep their older diesels and I hope more third party manufacturers start rolling these kits out for a whole range of models like mine ;-)

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think euro 6 diesels are not subject to the bans, so it apples at least to euro 5s. hopefully this will be extended to include at least the 4s ( yes Bundis Kraftfahrzeugamt )

·
Registered
10 Posts
i think euro 6 diesels are not subject to the bans, so it apples at least to euro 5s. hopefully this will be extended to include at least the 4s ( yes Bundis Kraftfahrzeugamt )
Will you pls show me how a nox filter look like? They are not of the DPF variety? or a egr/dpf retrofit? danke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts