VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are probably several places where I could get it, but my fuel hose is leaking and I want to make sure that I get an appropriate replacement and not something that the diesel will eat through. I have a 2000 Golf. The fuel line was leaking in the 1-1.5 meter (est.) length that runs through the body of the car from under the hood to the fuel warmer on the passenger side. Does anyone know where to get an applicable replacement?? I've already been to TDI parts and they don't sell hose lengths for this part of the fuel system. I know there are other people in the forum who have leaks like this before. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I believe it is #3. They run down through a fiberglass chute under the car. There is a grommet holding them in place below the car. Do you know where to buy these other than stealerships??

·
Registered
298 Posts
Did you hit something? Online is your best bet. 1stvwparts has it for $67 + shipping. If you buy it online make sure to verify the part with the seller just in case it's the wrong part. They'll have access to the parts catalog.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't hit anything. It was leaking apparently before I even bought the car. I guess some things even get by in a dealership. When I pulled the hose out, it had tape around it and two different sizes of hose spliced into one another. It must've been tight for a while. The leak was pointed out to me during a tire rotation. Some people just don't want to fix things right.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Also check a parts yard. Which part is the fuel cooler on? I don't see it in the parts diagram but it does list different part numbers for auto and manual. Don't know any parts yards local to you but if it's a TDI specific part you could try these guys: they seem to know what they're talking about

L&T Enterprizes
6220 Airport Rd.
Allentown, PA 18109
610-264-9191
800-228-3895

1 - 7 of 7 Posts