VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Just signed up as I've been finding the Tdi stuff here interesting and informative. I've got a 106k A5 Skoda Octavia which I believe has a 1.9 Tdi pume duse engine similar to VWs and Audis (except the code's a BXE). Recently I had a full recon engine block professionally fitted with previous parts and since then there's reduced power most noticably at low revs before the turbo kicks in eg when starting off up hills etc. The top speed's reduced as well, so it could be across the board. The fuel consumption display which used to read around 40mpg in town now reads 28 or so, though the actual consumption is about the same (ie it reads wrong). As previous parts were used (injectors etc) would ECU programming be needed? Is there any way to easily check the timing and the injectors without having to pay for costly dismantling? Or any other ideas, as the workshop mechanics say they're stumped! I'd be grateful for any help. Cheers, Bill P

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Hi bud,welcometomyturbodies. I would just use the closest engine faq you can find bud, like if it's a 2002 for instance I would look at the faq for a 2002 pump duse engine on how to adjust the timing. My cars got an AGR engine and it's a bit awkward to find info too.:) The faq is at the top of the page if you haven't found it already. 1000q how to and index faq

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Yes, you can check the timing and injectors but you need VCDS. So you have to either pay a mechanic or buy the VCDS tool from rosstech. The Octavia would be the same as the mk5 VW Jetta. We don't have Seat or Skoda in North American and when I was in one I couldn't believe how similar it was to a mk5 Jetta. It was decontented and had a different radio but all the major interior looked the same.

They could have installed a vacuum line wrong, many possible things so look through the checklists and please ask if you need more help on any of the points.
Take a look at this one as well: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/low-power-fix-TDI.htm To check fuel injectors, see this one: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/IQ-adjust-hammer-mod-TDI.htm you can't adjust fueling on the PD engines but you can still check it. It could also be camshaft timing, see the FAQ article on how to check.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Why are the mechanics who installed the engine not fixing the problem? You paid to have the engine replaced and now you have an engine with low power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts