VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am at a dead end on getting my rear wiper to start working again. I had deleted it after I got the car due to the cost of getting a motor at the time. after doing some mods, I have found that having the rear wiper working would be beneficial. I bought a used motor and it did not work, got a new motor and still no movement. I started doing some digging and since everything was working but the rear motor, I replaced the switch and even the relay since I found it at a great price. $150 later I have no rear wiper still.

I have tested the power and ground at the motor. Pin 1 is grounded, Pin 2, 3, and 4 have power when ignition is on. changing positions on the wiper switch (both new and old) have no change at the motor. As a test to a theory on what makes the motor run after studying the wiring diagrams, I grounded Pins 2, and then 3. Grounding Pin 3 had no effect. When I grounded Pin 2 however, the motor started running and moved normally.

I am missing a link somewhere in this system that will make this thing run from the switch itself, Does anyone have an idea or had this issue and found the magic part to fix this issue. I was thinking that the only thing in this system I have not touched was the main wiper motor which fits into the mess through the relay(according to the wiring diagram) and thought that might be the problem. Just not sure if dropping another $35+ to find out its not the problem is the way to go.

I hope someone here has dealt with this issue before.

·
Super Moderator
9,468 Posts
I can't tell you the pin layout without I look in ElsaWin.

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts