VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
My new-born boy (hey, it is shark blue after-all) was delivered in Edmonds, Washington yesterday at 9:30am. I'll be going up to sign the adoption papers today, but he'll be in an incubator for a few more days (he was about two weeks premature) until he is fully developed to come home and play. Maybe this weekend? Maybe early next week.

Stats:

weight: 2994
eyes: non-xenon
skin tone: shark blue
ethnicity: German

*** The solution to VW of America's lack of leather interior for the TDI Golf: LEATHER PANTS ***

·
Registered
135 Posts
and here's the first picture without any dealer installed options. Additional photos to follow upon delivery.

I stumbled into this deal by visiting a local VW dealer and the salesman mentioning they had an incoming 6 speed manual TDI that was unsold and onboard ship. I stepped up to the plate and promptly gave a $500 deposit. Less than a month later....ta-da! Here it is, without the 4-6 month wait and it is exactly as I had originally wanted and ordered from another dealership, where after 2 months I never made it off their "want list".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Sportrider, Looks great! Congrats! Here are a few pictures of his brother "Vin", another Seattle 2010 Golf TDI. He is just a little older November 24, 2009, and got him a little further north (burlington). You can blame the mild Seattle winter we have been having on me, as I bought some studded snow tires to get up my tobogan-run hill this winter. I put those on the wheels that came with the car, and I have a set of anthracite colored 17" goal wheels with the normal all-season tires that I will put on very soon. I also put on front and rear splash guards, the tail gate protector, stainless steel exhaust tips, and had the windows tinted darkest legal.

I am interested to see yours with the body kit and spoiler.

:thumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey family member! Thanks. "Vin" is looking pretty happy there, basking in the sun. It's nice to see the tint and the chrome tips as I have not seen any TDI's with the tips yet. Id really like to see your Goals on your car as I've only seen them on a shark-blue petrol car and they just did not look right on it, as it was sitting to high and the grey color didn't go to well with the body color.

I'll post more pix when I get the newborn home.

I was up in your area Saturday for work. Enjoy your snowy winter activities...hehe

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chrome tips? What do the normal tips look like?
they're just bare metal, silverish looking...if you keep them clean.

picture a handrail on a playground slide.

·
Registered
15 Posts
they're just bare metal, silverish looking...if you keep them clean.

picture a handrail on a playground slide.
Here is a picture of the Golf with the standard exhuast pipes. The Chrome exhuast tips are just decorative, and they cost about $100 from the dealership.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
a fellow seattle tdi owner

here's another TDI, a little older still, 10/26/2009. her name is Pearl. 7400 miles already :) got mine at pignataro.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here's another TDI, a little older still, 10/26/2009. her name is Pearl. 7400 miles already :) got mine at pignataro.
thanks for the upload. Yee-ha! another guy in Seattle with an MKVI TDI! We'll have to start a local club maybe?

How is your car equipped? Loving it? Any issues or regrets?

You name your cars. My friends all name their cars and one has not come to mind yet for mine, but I have only spent about an hour with HIM so far. I'm thinking yours is a girl by the name? Mine is clearly a boy! :D

How'd you manage getting one soo early? You must have been like the first in the state to get a TDI Golf. (You're special maybe?) :)

UPDATE It appears I'll take formal delivery on Tuesday, March 2nd according to my salesman. Everything at the body shop should be installed and ready to go out and play.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now deliver is Wednesday March 3rd. Arg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts