Discussion Starter #1
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=450781&topart=luxury

As of today's fill up:

06 FEB 2008
352.4 miles
$54.19 / 17.318 gal @ $3.129 per gal
20.34 MPG
6.500 MPD (Miles Per Dollar)

65 miles to work is $10.00 ($20.00 per day round trip)
Jeez! Solamon Botchin Iceholes, Farggin Corksookers!!!!

I did better with my last fill up at 21.96 MPG and 7.22 MPD (Miles Per Dollar)

I fly out Friday morning to get my TDI after a weeks delay due to last Friday's weather. So today should be my last day to drive the S4! (at least as a daily driver)

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Wow, that article brings up a good point. $10 per trip to work is....Wow. The sad thing is that I don't think most people really calculate miles per dollar. Very eye opening.

But that article mentions the smart for two. I don't mind the prius or civic but no way I am driving a smart. That thing looks like a clown car.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Yeah, that is really eye opening. I refuse to consider a smart car unless I lived in a city. From what I've read, it's not exactly a highway cruiser, is underpowered so you have to rev it high, and is poor performance wise. I've also seen a photo of a head on crash with a semi - smart. Not to say any other car would have also been obliterated, but maybe 1 extra foot of crumple zone would have made a difference.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
The smart is supposed to have a much stiffer cage than other cars. It's great if you hit another car, not so great if you hit a wall. Any pics of the crash?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
You don't want to see the pics because they are not work safe.

Mildly NWS links, something that won't get you fired at work, can be linked to if they have a warning just in case, genuinely NWS links or content that are blatently offensive or really NWS, stuff that will get you in trouble at work, are not permitted.

D

·
0 Posts
Lol, that's one reason not to buy a smart car. Can you imagine if you get bumped from behind? You would go flying!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I'm guessing that that car was modified with extra power and extra braking but it just goes to show you what a light, short wheelbase does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts