VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to the thread and learning a lot about my Jetta. I have a 2006 Jetta TDI and recently the Radio has disappeared form the MFD. I can still use the volume buttons on the steering wheel, however cannot switch between presets or any other functions that previously the buttons on the right side of steering wheel. Any suggestions on how to fix or what the issue may be. Thanks in advance for the advice and I have a lot to learn...

Regards,

·
Premium Member
9,677 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

Well I don't like the presets on the right-hand buttons I which mine would disappear.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
That is weird.....try disconnecting the battery. If you have VCDS I know you can reset the instrument cluster, it resets the odometer, clock, etc. Did you change any coding or the radio?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try disconnecting the battery and see what happens. I reset the MFd back to factory reset after this happened, no change. I will report back with results after resetting the battery. Thanks again for the help

·
Premium Member
9,677 Posts
I would be very careful disconnecting the battery as it shouldn't but it could induce the immobilizer to kick in as a few on here have posted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts