VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly in my range...

WOLFSBURG, Germany — Volkswagen has unveiled a powerful — and expensive — new variant of its Touareg off-roader, dubbed the R50.

The Touareg R50 gets a hotter version of VW's brawny 5.0-liter V10 TDI, uprated to 345 horsepower and a mind-numbing 627 pound-feet of torque. The extra muscle translates into better straight-line performance, including an astonishing 0-60-mph acceleration time of less than 6.7 seconds. Top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph.

Despite the boost, VW says the Touareg's fuel economy remains unchanged at 18.7 mpg on the Europe combined cycle.

The R50 is fitted with a six-speed automatic gearbox, and its continuous damping control has been modified to lower the ride height by 0.8 inch. The vehicle rides on 21-inch Omanyt 10-spoke alloy wheels.

A Touareg R design package bundles a body-color roof spoiler and bumpers, wheel-arch extensions, a matte-chrome grille and honeycomb inserts in the airdams. Additional goodies in the cabin include Napa leather seats, door-sill protectors, R logos on the pedals and other detail items.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=125087

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
I like...it looks like it has a body kit on it. Does anyone make a chip for the touareg? 627 ft lbs is quite a bit!

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Eh, I'm not pulling stumps everyday but I'm driving everyday, the mileage hit isn't worth it to me. It'd be fun for a week then I'd get bored and my wallet would get stretched out. Just think, you could buy 5 jettas for that money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts