1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
P0112 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Bank 1 Circuit Low
Intermittent
2010 golf sportwagen cjaa

I have been dealing with this code for a while now and am sick of the glow plug light flashing and dinging.

I have code p0112 and from what I understand so far, is that it's related to a g42 sensor. Upon research online and by calling dealer, there is 2 g42 sensors. One located in the charge pipe on the intercooler, and the other right after the airbox.

Anyone confirm where to look first?

·
Super Moderator
9,230 Posts
VAG Error Code: 16496/20573/7307/000274

EOBD II Error Code: P0112

Fault Location:
Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42) - Signal too Low

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Fuse(s).
Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Intake Air Temperature Sensor (G42) faulty.
Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42).

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check/Replace Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42).
Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42) > 141°C.
Check/Replace Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42).

When is the code detected?:
An excessively low voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).

Description:
The Intake Air Temperature Sensor is built into mass air flow sensor or in some vehicles mounted to the air filter duct housing. The sensor detects intake air temperature and transmits a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The temperature sensing unit uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. Electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases in response to the temperature rise. The Intake Air Temperature signal is used as an input for various systems in the vehicle.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VAG Error Code: 16496/20573/7307/000274

EOBD II Error Code: P0112

Fault Location:
Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42) - Signal too Low

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Fuse(s).
Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42) faulty.
Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42).

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check/Replace Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Intake Air Temperature Sensor (G42).
Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42) > 141°C.
Check/Replace Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42).

When is the code detected?:
An excessively low voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).

Description:
The Intake Air Temperature Sensor is built into mass air flow sensor or in some vehicles mounted to the air filter duct housing. The sensor detects intake air temperature and transmits a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The temperature sensing unit uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. Electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases in response to the temperature rise. The Intake Air Temperature signal is used as an input for various systems in the vehicle.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software
I appreciate the reply.

Now the only thing I'm still confused about, is the location of this sensor.

From my research, there is one on the charge pipe down by the intercooler, and one up my airbox. This is the only thing I need clarification on

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this code on my 06 brm it was the boost sensor, in my case it looked melted for some reason, i ordered mine from fcp euro oem sensor for $17.00 including shipping. The sensor location is to the right of the radiator enterance of air charge pipe its easy to replace. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts