VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 ALH Jetta, 11mm pump from 5-sp-swap, No other mod's. I am getting ready to install PP520 Nozzles, which as I have read can be put on a stock 5 sp, without tune/turbo.

I read that I should upgrade my MAP sensor to prevent overboost, but read somewhere else that with a 3-bar MAP I would be more prone to overboost. So, which is it? Do I or do I not need to upgrade the MAP sensor? Can I drive it with out upgrading the MAP? Any other suggestions besides a Tune?

After the nozzles, I am cosidering upgraded exhaust. Would this be premature? should I wait for a tune and turbo before upgrading exhaust?

Thanks For the Help..

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
You can upgrade the exhaust at anytime. The only reason you would wait on the exhaust is to check turbo downpipe fitment to the exhaust pipe.

You can install the nozzles without tune/turbo.

You don't need to upgrade the MAF sensor on a stock tune car, even with nozzles. Once you start tuning, you may need the 3 bar, depending on your tune and level of modding. For just a basic generic upgrade tune for PP520 nozzles, the stock MAF will work fine. Since you said you were going to get a new turbo, it sounds like you are going beyond the basic tune.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Get the turbo first because there's no point in getting nozzles and a tune and then having to change them out to fit the new turbo. Mod around the turbo and tune since the nozzles are easy to change out. And at that level, plan for a clutch too!

·
Registered
147 Posts
PP520's are good with any turbo, as long as you get it tuned for it, 3 bar map I'd wait until you get it tuned, upgrading the exhaust will be a good mod pretty much at any time, if you are going with all of these mods, I recommend you install a L/P, it is a cheap and nice mod for high RPM's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts