VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i just had a few questions maybe you could help me.

1. When im driving say 60 to 70 km/h it seems that the jetta hiccups like its going to stall but its an automatic.

2. When im driving for a while on the hwy and i trun the radio off about every 5 minutes theres a little fluttering sound almost like when your a/c kicks but my a/c isnt on.

Thanks guys im new to the Jetta Diesel i have driven trucks my whole life and bought the jetta for the fuel. I save 400$ a month on gas because of this lil beauty i love it. :nana2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, i looked at the link you sent me. I have to admit im a little upset and nervouse that i have a transmission problem, but i do have warranty i just bought the car last week. If i were to bring this into the dealer are they going to tell me theres nothing we can do, or what should i expect?.... Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I can't predict what your dealer would say. Without diagnostic information or datalogs, it's just a guess at what your problem is. Some people have reported that changing the speed or throttle position when it bucks will avoid it. Many people report no hiccups at all. Some report jerking. I've never felt it although I don't own one. There are a few people local to me with this engine type and none of them have ever felt it too so I just have to go off online reports.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help today, i apprceiate it. I reported it to my dealer today and he said no problem bring it in and will have one of our techs go for a ride with you. Im sure it wont do it when the tech is in the car for it has only happend that one and only time, but i do feel good about reporting at least it will be on file if anything does happen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having the same issue, though it's taken me 17k miles to be sure I have an issue. Every once in a while, the car bucks for a moment as though I had taken my foot completely off the throttle suddenly and then immediately reapplied the former pressure. Blip, it's gone.

I initially noticed the problem while decelerating but have come to realize that the problem also happens while maintaining a steady speed. Sometimes I think the problem may have occured but might be obscured by changes in throttle occurring at the same time.

The problem happens once or twice an hour, maybe. I have not yet discussed the issue with the dealer but will do so at my 20k service.

Other than this, the car is awesome except for a few design annoyances that I'm already used to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To clarify my response, my 2011 JSW TDI is a manual, not DSG. The bucking/loss-of-power problem does not seem to be tied to the speed that I am traveling but happens under many different circumstances. I have not been able to reproduce the problem at will; it seems quite random.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts