VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am just about to seal the deal on a new 2010 A3 TDI. Unfortunately I don't live in the same city as the dealership so I have had to make the deal over the phone and by email. They finally sent me the sales agreement and I noticed some different fees which I have not seen with past purchases on Toyota vehicles. The first fee is the $395.00 "Documentation Fee." Second is a $499.00 "National Security Fee." Are these fees legit, as I have never seen them applied to past purchases? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I have found the answer I am looking for. The documetation fee was probably just built into the price of the Toyota purchases. The $499.00 National Security Program Fee is for the Gloabi Insurance. From what I have read, this is not a mandatory fee and should not have been placed on the purchase agreement without my consent. I have no interest in paying for extra coverage when I am already paying for extra coverage with my insurance carrier. I have passed along an email to the salesperson to have it taken off, not sure what sort of a fight they are going to put up...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think I have found the answer I am looking for. The documetation fee was probably just built into the price of the Toyota purchases. The $499.00 National Security Program Fee is for the Gloabi Insurance. From what I have read, this is not a mandatory fee and should not have been placed on the purchase agreement without my consent. I have no interest in paying for extra coverage when I am already paying for extra coverage with my insurance carrier. I have passed along an email to the salesperson to have it taken off, not sure what sort of a fight they are going to put up...
Admin fee is anywhere from 200-499$
Gloabi etching is 499$ is mandatory, you have no choice, they say all their cars come with it. i'm in the same boat, had to pay this amount and my admin fee was 250$.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts