VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

After a long period of deliberation, I purchased a used 2010 TDI Golf last Friday. The choice came down to a Subaru WRX and the Golf. Fortunately, I did not let mid-life crisis dominate my thinking, and made the sensible choice.

I love the car so far, it's very soild and feels great on the road. It had 18k miles on it at the time of purchase and is as new (even smells new). I paid 22k (listed for 23.9k) for it from a local Toyota dealer. Some woman traded it in on a Prius.

The car has a manual gearbox, sunroof, Xenon headlights, and is a 2door. It's United gray and has a six disc cd changer, Bluetooth, etc. Don't know if the changer and Bluetooth are options.

I was ready to buy a new one, but could not find what I wanted. The local dealer only had a 4door in white and a 2door in red. Both had a DSG box. No 4door, no red and no DSG for me.

I would have preferred white, as I live in the desert. However, I do find the United gray paint attractive.

Regards to all. These forums are a great resource.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
:thumbsup You only use the extra power 1/30th of the time you would have been in the WRX, you get to enjoy the extra mpg and great interior of the Golf 100% of the time

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
9 Posts
Golfs are such good-looking cars. Think you'll find the diesel very satisfying power-wise. Just got our first TDI as well -- same engine as yours, I believe -- and I think you'll find there's plenty of mid-life fun to be had surfing the wide torque band on the highways. Top-gear passing is very satisfying -- no waiting for revs to build.

Do kind of wish they'd bring the GTD here though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts