VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of programming packages are there for the 2000 Jetta TDI to increase torque, horsepower and MPG?

How much do they cost?

Thanks!

- Brian

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
google it it Brian?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Bigger nozzles and a tune will get you 150bhp, not sure on how much torque but more than you have anyway lol, I've got about another 20-25 hp and 40-50 lbs of torque with nozzles alone, if you go for other mods such as a bigger turbo too you can go further, it depends on what you want from the car and what you want to spend, you could ask kermatdi or there's a number of tuners on the tdi club under the vendors section.:)

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
What kind of programming packages are there for the 2000 Jetta TDI to increase torque, horsepower and MPG?
While torque and horsepower can easily be augmented on a 2000 TDI, I'm afraid that the effect on MPG may be a negative, as you may be tempted to "enjoy" the added torque and HP...

In any case, if you get this car, first make sure that it's mechanically sound, as adding nozzles and a tune would only be money thrown away if the engine's not running properly...

Yuri

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While torque and horsepower can easily be augmented on a 2000 TDI, I'm afraid that the effect on MPG may be a negative, as you may be tempted to "enjoy" the added torque and HP...

In any case, if you get this car, first make sure that it's mechanically sound, as adding nozzles and a tune would only be money thrown away if the engine's not running properly...

Yuri
Modding the car before doing all of the maintenance would be absurd. lol Especially with 250k.

I own a drive-away vehicle delivery business. I drive vehicles out to companies around the US with my car in tow. Then I drive my car back home. If it's too far, I fly back home. Therefore, I need a car that is reliable and gets good gas mileage. Hence, the TDI. :)

I tend not to put my foot into the gas much these days. I've had my fun racing around. I'm bent on efficiency now with these gas prices.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts