VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I replaced my timing belt last Weekend I followed the Videos from this website. I put the engine in TDC put all of my pins in locked the crank and replaced the timing belt water-pump. I used one of the Ultimate Kits from ECS. the only thing I didnt use in the kit was the crank seal I have not had any problems with in and just didn't want to deal with it. I cranked it by hand twice then recheck my pins I noticed the was pump was of a little.
Is there a specific way togo about getting the Fuel Pump gear back to were it needs to be? IE marks for top dead center or anything to look for when rotating it forward of backwards to aline it back up with the Pin hole

Any Help would be great thankyou
Roby

·
Super Moderator
9,230 Posts
What is your engine code CJAA?

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 06/2009-07/2014, Model: Jetta, Engine Code: CJAA, 103Kw, 140PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Canada ("CDN"), USA ("USA"): Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) Timing belt
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 01/2010-06/2014, Model: Jetta Variant, Engine Code: CLCA, 81Kw, 110PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) Timing belt

There is a procedure for setting the injection pump. You can watch the video again in TDI Wiki or YouTube. I use ElsaWin and I make a file with all the timing belt replacements both of these engine codes CJAA CLCA are covered in the same part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts