VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new ALH installed (whew!) and it runs great, with one exception. Engine runs sweet under normal acceleration, but under more pedal I hear a sucking sound (sounds like the defrost in reverse) and the turbo does not sound like it kicks in. Anyone have an idea what I might have hooked up wrong?

I took great pains to mark everything right as I removed it. I get no CEL and every other accessory works as advertised.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear nothing leaking when the engine is idling. Power is normal up to about 75% throttle, anything above that I get a slight stumble and that weird sucking sound. No exhaust leak at all.

I'm really stumped and dread the thought of after all this work having to take it to the VW stealership.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Just because you don't have a CEL doens't mean there are no codes....check out the low power and limp mode FAQ articles, there may be something in there which sounds right to your situation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Problem after engine change.

Got it fixed and the car runs like new! Seems I got the two vacuum lines on the throttle actuator? (switch mounted in the middle of the rear of the intake manifold) reversed by accident.

Thanks for all the GREAT information posted on this site, doubt I would have been successful without it.

PS- My wifes timing belt WILL be changed this time at 99999.9 miles!

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Lol it's the easy ones that can be the least obvious and I can imagine your attention was probably fading a bit by the time you reached that part.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts