VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone, I am having a weird issue with my 2005 MK5 Jetta TDI, DSG. Recently it started a problem where I let off the throttle and make a right turn, like into a driveway, it will flash PRNDS on the display and not let me drive until i restart the car. It's done it seven times now, and i can almost guess when it is going to do it. A slow roll with the foot off the throttle. It doesn't matter if the car has just started or its warmed up and I've been driving for an hour. Other than that issue the car drives fine. Once i restart the car it stops flashing and goes back to normal operation.

The only thing i can find about PRNDS flashing is a mechatronic issue, but is there any communication with the steering and DSG that i could look into?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
2005.5 Volkswagen Jetta TDi PKG2 DSG
10 Posts
First thing you need to do is run a scan on all modules. Good thing about these cars is it will tell you exactly what’s wrong most of the time or at least give you a decent starting point for troubleshooting.

·
Premium Member
3-2006 vw jetta tdi with/brm engine 2-automatic 1-5speed manual
3 Posts
I have two - 2006 Jetta TDI's with the DSG transmission. I bought one of my Jettas knowing it had transmission problems... I was getting the flashing PRND as well.... I ended up having to replace my mechatronics unit... You can replace it with transmission in the car easily on a 2006 Jetta TDI w/ BRM engine , not sure of 2005 ... I would definitely make sure that routine maintenance has been performed on the transmission first,,, meaning filter and fluid changed - hopefully every 40K ... Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
The only time I had PRNDS I took apart, Dremeled with a wire brush and bulb greased ALL of the engine and transmission ground straps. It went away permanently after that, I resisted doing that for a long time, not believing that ground connections would "suddenly" go bad. I was wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts