VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If $1,225 is all that's been holding you back from buying a new Prius, August could be your month. Toyota announced today a new expanded line-up for the 2008 Prius, and the new standard model has a low MSRP. Toyota suggests that the 2008 Prius versions sell for between $20,950 (the standard model) to $23,220 for the Touring model.

While Toyota says the total Prius average MSRP increases by $150 (0.7 percent), the low-end 2008 Prius is quite a bit cheaper ($1,225, to be exact) than the lowest-priced 2007 version.The MSRP for the 2007 Prius is $22,175 - $23,070.

You can find the 2008 Prius in dealerships in August. Toyota also announced prices for the 2008 Avalon, Yaris, RAV4, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Tacoma and Sienna.

from autoblog

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
See 2 threads down :)

I was reading an article about the 600lh lexus...20 mpg average. When they start diluting the hybrid theme, they lose points....although their sales and public image says otherwise, I think it also has to do with Toyota's distancing themselves from the big 3.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1225 is a lot of money for most people. The fake 0% apr loans that the big 3 had last summer got lots of people in the showrooms (I say fake cause most people ddidn't qualify for the 0%), this should give sales a small boost.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
When the next gen of prius comes out, I will consider it. In all fairness, it's a good car but I am sticking with what I got for now.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
prius buyers buy the car out of image, not to save money.

diesel buyers buy the car for work or to save money.

thats the difference, IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts