VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

The RNS 510 radio unit in my week old US '11 golf tdi is giving me grief with the music playback from my iPHONE. Playback from my older nano iPOD works just fine btw.

So when I plug in the iPhone I can use the touchscreen to navigate the folders to playlists, artists, podcasts, etc. I can view the individual titles/selections, but here comes the problem: when I select a particular song, the song 'highlights' only for while I'm touching the screen. It does not do into play mode.

Now I've tried disabling bluetooth audio from the media setup but to no avail. Note that Bluetooth calls work just fine, phonebook access, etc. I just can't play a darn song from the phone. I'll go back to the iPod, and it picks up where it left off. I'll cycle the car off then on, replug in phone and same problem. When I select the iPod application from my iPhone, I verify it says VW Connector (I tried switching to Dock Connector, no diff, then switched back).

Here's the kicker: it worked the first couple of times when I initially paired the phone. Stopped working after day one.

Anyone with any ideas? I almost think it needs to be somehow reset?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, I'm on an iPhone 3G.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to use it as an MDI device. Bluetooth I'm using for calls only. Unless there is a fix, I'll just need to use nano for music and phone in the cupholder. But would be nice to keep phone charged with cable while playing iPhone music.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I figured out my problem, and it was on the iPhone side. I did a power-off reset 2 times in succession on the iPhone (a trick from an apple friend of mine), reconnected iPhone, made sure 'dock connector' was selected from iPod app, and it works fine again.

Apparently there are issues with 3G iPhone going between apps, and 2X reset clears out the 'gunk'...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts