VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like a total idiot...I'm learning that VWs can cause that when I work on things myself. So, I thought I'd post this question here...

My power windows stopped working in my Y2K Green Golf.

I installed four new-to-me speakers in each of the doors (150W in the fronts, 75W alpines in the back connected to an infinity amp and a JVC HU...sounds great!!)

To make things easier, I removed each of the four door panels. I unplugged the window and door lock cables, then reinstalled everything. Door locks work, but now none of the power windows or the rear hatch switch work. The fuel door release works fine.

Oh, and now the key fob doesn't work either...this could be a dead battery.

A friend of mine came over and scanned with VCDS release 908. No fault found for the windows. He couldn't get into the central electronics so maybe the new release didn't catch everything?

I should add that the left rear window switch in the driver's door has had issues in the past with not rolling up on the first try.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/multi/windowRegulator.htm

see if this helps - I don't think it should. My guess is that something, probably the CCM computer, or it's wires were somehow shifted, causing a poor connection.

CCM is comfort control module. If he couldn't get into central electronics and you are having key fob problems, this is probably the cause. It's located above the pedal cluster to the left of the steering column. Search ebay if you need a pic. Try unplugging and replugging it, check for broken wires in the door wiring harness too.

I don't think it's a fuse. It could be a bad ground.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chitty, thanks! I should have gone to the forum Q&A. I ran out of daylight (and patience) earlier today. I'll attack it tomorrow after work.

I forgot to mention that fuse #38 (15 amp) was good and the power door locks all work.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
May be some lock up in your window motor - can be broken, also replace your window switch remove it and replace the whole thing including some wires
Why would they replace the wires? I've noticed two links to auto parts sellers in two days. If you're not a spammer why did you post these links? Links by commercial vendors are for sponsors only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts