VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced an unpredictable and brief surge in power while cruising? Doesn't seem to matter if I'm in a low or high gear. My biggest fear is this happening while trying to cruise safely in winter driving. The odd ice patch does happen, and if my car does this, I could be spinning... NOT good.

The car is months old, and has done this from day one. Mechanics know about it, and it is going back in for more service. Am I the only one with this issue?

Other than that, I absolutely LOVE my new TDI...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am just coasting at the time; regular (normal) driving, revs around 1500. This activity is not relative to the gas pedal, it is independent of MY involvement, and the car seems to BOOST! on it's own! IT totally freaked me out at first, but, now I am used to it. When they serviced the car for the first recall a few months ago, it ran better. I have owned the car since the beginning of 2010. I bought it new.

I have +/- 15,000 km mostly highway mileage. I buy good fuel, and I take care of my car. I am bringing it in for service again, as they can't understand why this is happening. IT is a Golf TDI wagon aka Jetta in the US

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Please, keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
http://www.allexhaust.com
Has anyone else experienced an unpredictable and brief surge in power while cruising? Doesn't seem to matter if I'm in a low or high gear. My biggest fear is this happening while trying to cruise safely in winter driving. The odd ice patch does happen, and if my car does this, I could be spinning... NOT good.

The car is months old, and has done this from day one. Mechanics know about it, and it is going back in for more service. Am I the only one with this issue?

Other than that, I absolutely LOVE my new TDI...
have you tried the plugs and wires replacement?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts