VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon fellas,

Title says it all, low power on inclines, pedal to the metal and can still barely accelerate. I just bought the car, supposedly it already had a boost leak. Test drive was fine, turbo was a little laggy uphill but it did alright. Timing belt broke the day after I bought it. Whew. Car is running fine again, only the leak appears to be much worse. I have VCDS (not great with it) but I'm new to TDI VWs in general. I took some idle logs, and I can take some this evening while driving the car if anybody could instruct me on how to do so.

I uploaded my logs on the post, hopefully that works. I saw a thread with a similar issue so I took an idle log of everything, I think, and then blocks 003 and 011. I plan on replacing all the vacuum lines after work, and I have a feeling the turbo probably needs cleaned as well so I may be doing that also. If anybody has any insight or instructions on what to do with VCDS to better diagnose my issue from here, it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
From OBD-codes.com "You should check the waste gate that's under the turbo for a broken bracket or a rusted out diaphram. Also check the throttle body for carbon build up."
With the electrical faults: they may have a (more) common cause - I would probably start with the short-circuits and with numerous faults, I would also charge battery right up/test it first.

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

VAG Error Code: 00532

EOBD II Error Code: P1750

Fault Location:
Supply Voltage B+ - Supply Voltage too Low/Open Circuit/Signal too Low/Signal too High/Lower Limit Exceeded/Upper Limit Exceeded

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Fuse(s).
Wiring/Connectors from/to ABS Control Module (J104)/Brake Electronics Control Module (J104).
This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is only stored, if it occurs the first time the vehicle exceeds 6 km/h.
As soon as the supply voltage is again within the valid voltage range, the system is switched back on and the warning lights turn off.
Open circuit or resistance too high between voltage supply of terminal 15 and ABS Control Module (J104)/Brake Electronics Control Module (J104) (terminal 1).
Open circuit or resistance too high in earth supply to ABS Control Module (J104)/Brake Electronics Control Module (J104) terminals 28 & 29.
Voltage jumps in vehicle.
Power Supply (Battery/Generator) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Module.
Check Power Supply (Battery/Generator).
Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).

Special Notes:
When found in an individual control module, it's most likely a local source (e.g. wiring/connectors).
When found in multiple control modules at the same time, it's most likely a common source (e.g. ground spot, battery, generator).
Intermittent codes are often stored during low outside temperature when the battery capacity goes down and may be ignored.
Common with 16946/P0562/001378 - System Voltage: Too Low stored in other control modules.

VAG Error Code: 00926

Fault Location:
Terminal 30 - Open Circuit/Signal too Low/Upper Limit Exceeded

Possible Cause:
Fuse(s).
Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Control Module faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check/Replace Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Control Module.

VAG Error Code: 01176

Fault Location:
Key - Unauthorized - Signal too Low

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Immobilizer:
Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Immobilizer Reader Coil faulty.
Immobilizer Reader Coil faulty.
Immobilizer Transponder in Key faulty OR incorrect Transponder in Key.
Remote Control
Remote Control Battery low.
Remote Control faulty OR incorrect Remote Control used.

Possible Solutions:
Immobilizer:
Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Immobilizer Reader Coil.
Check Key Immobilizer Transponder Status.
Check/Renew Immobilizer Key Matching.
Check/Replace Key.
Remote Control:
Check/Replace Remote Control Battery.
Check/Replace Remote Control.

Special Notes:
If found on a New Beetle, can be caused by the Insulation Displacement Crimp (IDC) terminals that are used for the reader coil at T32a/2 and T32a/17 (green connector) that result in poor contact. This can degrade the signal from the key.
This Fault Code can be stored in due to Remote Control or Immobilizer Problems. On most Models these systems are separate and should therefor also be diagnosed separately.
In case of Engine Starting Issues please make sure that you are really experiencing an Immobilizer related Problem! On most models using conventional keys, the Engine will still start but cut out after 1-3 Seconds if an Immobilizer related Problem is the cause. On models using Kessy Systems and Electronic Keys, most systems in the car won't power up at all if its an Immobilizer related Problem is the cause. If you are NOT experiencing this behaviour (e.g. Instrument Cluster powers up, and engine cranks but doesn't fire at all or engine won't crank) this is likely NOT Immobilizer related.
When found in Audi A3 (8L), Audi A4 (8D), Audi A6 (4B) or Audi A8 (4D), check Wiring from Immobilizer Control Module to Immobilizer Reader Coil. A known issue would be the Length of the Wiring, an optimized Replacement Part may be available (8D0-972-275).
May be stored in Combination with 17978/P1570/005488 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer in Engine Control Module.

VAG Error Code: 01330

Fault Location:
Central Convenience Control Module (CCCM) (J393) - Supply Voltage too Low

Possible Cause:
Wiring/Connector(s).
Battery Faulty or Discharged.
Charging System Problem.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) for Voltage Readings.

VAG Error Code: 01330

Fault Location:
Central Convenience Control Module (CCCM) (J393) - Supply Voltage too High

Possible Cause:
Battery Faulty.
Charging System Problem.

Special Notes:
Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) for Voltage Readings.

VAG Error Code: 00928

Fault Location:
Locking Module for Central Locking: Front Drivers Side (F220) - Incorrectly Equipped

Possible Cause:
Door Locks not working properly.

Incorrect Door Lock installed.

Possible Solutions:
Check Locking Module for Central Locking: Front Driver Side (F220).
Check Door Lock Part Number.

Special Notes:
North American Region (NAR) Models do NOT have a SAFE-Switch in their door locks, once these models are being wrongly equipped with a Rest of World (RoW) door lock, a SAFE feedback signal is being sent which causes this code.

VAG Error Code: 00912

Fault Location:
Window Regulator Switch: Front Left (E40) - Open Circuit/Short Circuit to Earth/Implausible Signal

Possible Cause:
Fuse(s).
Wiring/Connector(s).
Button installation not OK, sticks when operated.
Window Regulator Switch: Front Left (E40) stuck.
Window Regulator Switch: Front Left (E40) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Check Window Regulator Switch: Front Left (E40).
Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) for Plausibility. Display group number 002.
Check button.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

These are just a few error codes from that log file.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you do the timing belt when it was re done? The injection pump must be timed very carefully using VCDS. Even if you get the new belt on the exact same tooth as the old one, it will still need adjustment. Your timing could be retarded and causing your low power situation. VERY small changes on the injection pump make a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.