VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my car down the road when all of a sudden i start to loose power gradually. I stepped on the throttle and put it to the floor and the only thing that happened was my RPM's went up high and the speed went up very slowly. It felt like a massive lack of power. I have not changed the fuel filter yet so that is where I am going to start. However for about a year or two I have had the dreaded DMF noise going on. Unfortunately the geniuses at my local VW dealership changed my transmission several years ago and it has not been the same sense. About a month ago I disconnected the air intake and put it back on without a clamp, irresponsible I know, in my defense I didi not have screw on clamps just the pain in the ass OEM ones. I inspected to see if the intake tube had come loose but I did not, and no CEL came on. I drove the car again and it is better. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Is this a 5 spd or DSG transmission?

Did the RPM flutter or did it otherwise move normally?

You can use even a hose clamp on the air intake hose. It's not something that will leave you stranded but it's a good idea to seal it against dust and whatnot.

Check out the limp mode FAQ article, it could be a number of things. First thing I would do is get the error codes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a DSG. The rpms would go up normally if I stepped on it but I noticed it would shift at high rpms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts