1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
hopefully someone can help ;-)
(I think this is the right forum...???)
erwin states that the toothed belt and drive tensioning roller should be replaced at 120,000km "Applies only to TDI-bi-turbo", other wise change interval is 210,000km.
First time I've come across "bi-turbo" - anyone an idea about which models have it and how one can tell?

Has the change interval really increased to 210,000 on newer models?

Thanks,
pete

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
They have extended the timing belt change on MY10 my Golf from 80,000 miles to 120,000 miles or 5 years which ever comes sooner.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 03/2014-10/2017, Model: Polo/Derby/Vento/Classic Polo/Classic, Engine Code: CUSB, 66Kw, 90PS, 1.4 Ltr, 3 Cyls, Remarks: India ("IND"): Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) Timing belt

The Polo 1.4 TDI-CR isn't BiTurbo.

The Polo 1.4 TDI-CR could be the same. Ask as a dealer if you taken the VIN number.?

Post moved to general as we don't have a Polo sub forum. ;)

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keith! So it's 210,00 km which pleases me somewhat. My first polos/caddies were 80,000, my caddy now is 120,000 so it's good that this polo is now 210,000 - it costs enough already.

With this polo when it was new the motor would cut out on roundabouts - rather dangerous. VW vehemently denied anything was wrong with it but at the second service (still under guarantee) they replaced the clutch, flywheel and loads of other things without charging anything and wouldn't give any explanation as to why they did this. Since then the problem has gone. Maybe they cover up problems as a matter of course nowadays.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts