VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 passat 1.9 awx and it has started smoking you yet a light to meditate trail of white smoke on idle hot or cold) on idle an quite a bit to grayish smoke on hard acceleration also a drop in mpg engine seems to run ok and starts fine iv checked fault coded none stored and coolant temp is reading correct and there are no split hoses ect so had anyone got any advise JON

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
could it be the tandom pump not producing enough pressure or the egr mechanical valve stuck open in taken the cam cover off and unplugged each injector one by one and run the engine i no this created a miss-fire on what ever cyl was unplugged but i went through all 4 and smoke still there so i suppose this eliminates injectors so sensors seem all ok evan unplugged maf and no difference so question is could it be egr stuck open or tandum pump on back of head

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It could be bad fuel injector tips. They do wear out over time. This is only a guess based off the hot or cold smoke. It could also be a leaky turbo that is burning oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts