VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Bosnia, and i lost my car key, in the dealership they sent me a new key, without chip (chip that contains code for the immobilizer), i tried to enter a new code to the immobilizer and key, but in our dealership they own only old diagnostic programs. So when I try to start the engine whit my new key it starts and after 1 second it shuts down. I dont know what to do. The volkswagen factori politic is not to send that kind of stuf to bosnia. I cant drive my car. Is there anyone that knows how to shut down immobilizer manually??? Please help me, give me advice, pictures, video, anything that can help me. My vehicle is volkswagen golf IV, 1J0, 2000 production year, but new kind of engine, whit i dont know how to say in englis... electronic fuel injection, or something like that. 1.9 tdi 115 hore powers, DI letters are red TDI
PLEASE HELP ME, and sorry for my bad englis :dunno
THANK YOU
Yours Nikola from Bosnia

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can't bypass the immobilizer manually. If you could easily bypass it, it wouldn't be much for anti theft! If the new key has no chip it's useless since it won't let the engine run. You must have a key with a chip and have the dealer program it.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
so, how i can rewrite the car's computer to remove it?
You have to take the ECU to someone who can change the EEPROM data. In other words, rewrite the computer chip to exclude the immobilizer.

The car won't run otherwise unless the immobilizer is programmed. With changing the data, there is no way to delete or bypass the immo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts