VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Something happened with my Audi. The engine began to run unevenly, appeared to vibrate, and the oil consumption increased. Has anyone encountered this problem? What is the reason?

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

These aren't easy problems to diagnose on the web because you can't see the vehicle.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

You need to show your car spec: audi a6 more specifically they have made the Audi A6 for a very long time. Please update your spec to show the year and engine that would be good.

You posted this in the Passat sub forum I've moved it to Audi. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Well Chitty isn't here anymore and the 2 new admins are a total waste of time as they can't even answer simple questions.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
I just post a simple question which means make an intro. If users can't do a simple request then they are here for a quick fix and never to be seen again. If they are old timers does that mean they are old or does that mean that have been members for along time? If they have been members for a long time they must have made some posts.

I've been using forums 20 years so I know what users ask and the way they ask for help. Forums can be for a quick fix but to me its not polite forum etiquette to ask a question get a fix and never return.

If new comers read and don't like what I've said then there are plenty of other forums they can try, its no loss to me.

Its this forum that got me dismissed from my last job after working there for 32 year without a problem. That's another long story you need the post a conversation/PM Dave N if you want to know the details.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
I just post a simple question which means make an intro. If users can't do a simple request then they are here for a quick fix and never to be seen again. If they are old timers does that mean they are old or does that mean that have been members for along time? If they have been members for a long time they must have made some posts.

I've been using forums 20 years so I know what users ask and the way they ask for help. Forums can be for a quick fix but to me its not polite forum etiquette to ask a question get a fix and never return.

If new comers read and don't like what I've said then there are plenty of other forums they can try, its no loss to me.

Its this forum that got me dismissed from my last job after working there for 32 year without a problem. That's another long story you need the post a conversation/PM Dave N if you want to know the details.

It's not what you are doing so much as how you are doing it. Politeness and etiquette applies to everyone- including moderators. Realize when most people find this site they are having a problem and can be rather desperate for help. They should feel welcome- not jumped on.
b699c801bafe77a4dddc5355634d48038f6f6560504b705fe08a318b497c54a7.jpg

Personally I don't see an issue with people coming here for advice and risking not seeing them again if they get an answer. I mean isn't that the purpose of the site? If people feel welcome they are more likely to come back than if they are jumped on.

I also think the sponsors want traffic and the more the better. If the admins aren't helping maybe other moderators need to step up, or you need more moderators. But when several members have chastised you over the past few months about this don't you think maybe it's time to try a different approach?

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
If they make on intro they are welcomed generally by me that's all I'm asking, it not rocket science.

I've noticed that since Chitty has left the forum has gone a lot slower. We had a conversation last year and he told us why he was leaving and selling the site. Even thought Chitty is still shown as an administrator he can't do anything.

There are only 2 moderators on this forum Yuri and myself. If you don't like what I'm doing then you try and contact either of the 2 new admins, I've tried and they don't even reply.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Whilst it is polite for forum users to introduce themselves, I find that generally those that do are people who have a passion for the essence of the forum, in this case all that is VW or a specific VW vehicle, these then become the regular contributors. Then there are those that own a VW and are not passionate about their vehicle and probably see it as a form of transport, who join the forum to get an answer to a problem they are experiencing and no more.

Personally I'm not too bothered either way, if they hang about long enough then you'll learn about them by their posts. If they don't then it says it all!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
So, back to the original question:

Can you tell us a bit more about your car? Year, model, Engine, mileage, any significant maintenance which has been done in the past on the engine.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Car: audi a6 I ask all members to be more specific about there car spec, as normal they can't be bothered. Or make a simple intro. :bangshead

Post moved to correct section. ;)

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
This is clearly something which should be dealt with offline / in private, certainly not in view of New Members. Is there a private forum for discussions about how the forum is being run?

Let's focus on trying to help this fellow out with his Audi, if he is still willing to talk to us...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts