VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Jetta and live in country. Daily driving on gravel road has caused part of the plastic cover under the engine to disengage itself and disappear. I would like to get another, but ,apparently VW calls it something else. Does anyone know what the plastic skid plate on the bottom of the car under the engine is called?


· Premium Member
23,883 Posts
Splash pan or lower engine cover.

IMHO, if your roads have caused the loss of the splash pan, get a real skid plate for your VW Jetta TDI from dieselgeek

It's aluminum but is pretty strong and is not much more than the plastic one which you'll just lose again.

Also, your 2006 Jetta is a mk5. It has round headlights , not the rectangular ones right? Post moved to mk5 section.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.