VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
39 Posts
Hi guys,

I know that this thread is quite old but I couldn't find anything related to my question except this one, so I decided to continue and post it here. I bought these same lights not too long ago because my original lights have turned yellow/faded and I have had it restored several times but it would just return to yellow after a few months. So I decided to do a little mod and went for this look.

It is pretty much plug and play, however I do need help as to how I can take advantage of all the lights on the new ones. The original lights has 6 pins and the new lights came with 9 pins, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can connect the additional 3 pins?

Picture from seller:

Picture of my faded light that I just removed:
Automotive lighting Light Headlamp Auto part Automotive exterior

My 06 TDI with the new light installed (right side):
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Driver side with the old light:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Hood

My headlight came with 6 pins on it:
Cable Technology Auto part Electronic device

New lights has 9 pins:
Auto part

· Premium Member
39 Posts
Just to update, I got everything working but not happy with the lights. It looks nice but the projector light was vibrating and its obvious, everything was done correctly and the lights were not broken in any way. All the supports and bracket were intact and tight. So I wasn't happy with it and will be returning these lights. Currently, I'm looking at maybe just retrofitting my original lights with the MINI H1 projectors and replace the faded/yellow plastic covers with new ones. We'll see how it goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.